Bart's Pear and Hot Potato Salad
with Grilled Chicken-Apple Sausages
My husband Bart is a great supporter of Sunday Supper. He made up this Home Page for me
and has made this publication possible. In honor of Bart, I'm starting this Sunday
Super Home Page website with a dish that he cooked up one Sunday night.
- Arrange Bibb or other tender lettuce leaves in the bottom of your bouillabaisse bowl.
- Place the warm salad mixture in the center and top it with thinly sliced red onions.
- Sliced the warm grilled sausages and then bank them around the base of the pear and
- Potatoes: New potatoes are best. Don't use russets; they
get too mushy.
- Pears: Any kind of pear is fine as long as it's not too hard
or too soft to start. Bartlett pears are a good choice.
- Chicken-Apple Sausages: If Aidell's sausages
aren't available in your area, you can use any fresh (i.e., not smoked) light-tasting
sausage like bratwurst.